Friday, September 2, 2011

Elderflower Cucumber Cocktail

Here's my new cocktail for the Labor Day Weekend. It involves minimal effort -- all you have to do is shake your thang!

This week, my aim was to create a cocktail with two newly-procured items. One of those was Thatcher's Organic Artisan Elderflower and the other was Zevia Grapefruit Soda. All I did was mix these two new ingredients with some tried and true flavors (Tito's Handmade Vodka and cucumbers from the local market). The result was a refreshingly fruity and flowery cocktail. It's a perfect start to the last-hurrah-holiday-weekend-of-summer.


Elderflower Cucumber Cocktail

  1. Put the following into a cocktail shaker:
    • 1 shot vodka (I used Tito's Handmade Vodka from Austin, TX, baby!)
    • 1 shot elderflower liqueur (I used Thatcher's Organic)
    • 3 slices cucumber
    • 4 ice cubes
  2. Shake until cold and strain over 3/4 c crushed ice.
  3. Top with:
    • 2 shots grapefruit soda (I used Zevia Grapefruit Soda)
    • 1 shot seltzer
  4. Garnish with a cucumber wheel.
  5. Drink to a sweet Labor Day Weekend!

5 red beans:

Sarah said...

I've been meaning to procure something in elderberry. Now I have a really good excuse!

How is the zevia soda? I was checking it out, but I think my family will say it's gross. Is it super stevia tasting?

Make a Roux said...

You should definitely try the elderflower liqueur. I even like just a splash of it in seltzer or club soda for a refreshing low-alcohol drink.

The Zevia sodas are okay. I am glad to have something that uses stevia, but I still find it a bit too sweet. I mix it 1:1 with seltzer, which makes it much nicer.

misti said...

Ah! My comment keeps disappearing into web space or wherever, lol!

This sounds so light and refreshing! A good farewell summer cocktail...and post baby "drank" as we all say here ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog to check on Ella! :)

Make a Roux said...

Yeah, misti! You can have a "drank" now! YAY! Congratulations on your sweet little bundle of joy.

Syed Zeeshan Ali said...

You and Your site is very wonderful and share very affective information.
Technology, Free Software and Best Tutorial
Keep it up.Your research is very informative
God Bless You

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...