Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Cocktail - Pineapple Cucumber Basil Slushie

It's the weekend. It's hot. You're melting.


You want two things:
  • a refreshing fruit slushie
  • some alcohol
This little number does the trick. You get icy fruit and vodka with a dose of basil to boot. Plus, you just throw everything into the blender and you're ready to drink.

What more could you ask for this Summer?

Pineapple Cucumber Basil Slushie

Put the following into the carafe of your blender:
1/3 c frozen pineapple
1/3 c cucumber, diced and peeled
1 lime wedge, rind and pith removed
1 basil leaf (if using large leaf basil, use 1/2 of the leaf)
1/3 c crushed ice (use less (or omit) for a more smoothie-like consistency)
2 shots vodka
5 - 8 drops clear liquid stevia

  1. Blend away and pour into a glass.
  2. Top with a long sliver of cucumber and a sprig of basil.
  3. Drink to beat the heat.

5 red beans:

Sarah said...

Yes, she's back! And with an amazing sounding cocktail. Oh, I wish I had all these ingredients right now. It's been a long day.

These flavors sound so good together!

Make a Roux said...

Haha! Thanks so much, Sarah. I really appreciate your readership and also wanted to tell you how much I love the new photos you've been taking.

Re: the cocktail -- The pineapple and cuke did work well. However, I'm betting you could sub out one thing or another and it would turn out just fine.

misti said...

Why am I always pregnant when I see a good cocktail idea! :) I have a basil plant in my yard that is out of CONTROL huge...gonna have to give this one a try in a few weeks!

Marguerite said...

Welcome back, cher! This slushie looks so yummy annd refreshing! Will definitely be trying it!

Make a Roux said...

misti, I think you could leave out the alcohol and it would taste good. Gettin' close, huh? :)

Marguerite, thanks for welcoming me back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...