Reflections for 2010
Overall, 2010 was a pretty good year. However, no year with highlights is without its lowlights. :[
- The continued health of my loved ones and friends.
- Finding a sweet new job only a few weeks into 2010. It was rather scary having been laid off only two days before the start of the year!
- The explosion of the BP Deepwater Horizon offshore rig killing 11 workers and spilling a colossal amount of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. I still can't think about the incident without my blood boiling.
- The loss of fellow blogger Lisa aka Bumpkin on a Swing to ovarian cancer. All of us bloggers are better off for having known Lisa, and we are all the worse for having lost her.
Most people vow to eat healthier, put down their vices, lose weight, etc. I'm no different, really. I've just tried to make my resolutions specific, so that I'll be better able to stick to them.
- Eat more whole foods: I eat healthy about 85% of the time, which isn't so bad. However, my diet could always use some improvement. I'd like to get back to eating more fruits, veggies, whole grains and less processed foods.
- Exercise five or more times a week: I'm not getting any younger, which means my metabolism isn't getting any faster.
- Drink no alcohol in the month of January: Why not give Mr. Liver a little break?
- Write at least two blog posts per week: I've been neglecting this little blog of mine. Time to pay some attention to it, and to give my lovely readers a reason to continue visiting.