Thursday, January 6, 2011

Welcome 2011!

Well, another new year is here. Time to make resolutions and to reflect on the past year.



Reflections for 2010
Overall, 2010 was a pretty good year. However, no year with highlights is without its lowlights. :[

Best things: 
  • The continued health of my loved ones and friends.
  • Finding a sweet new job only a few weeks into 2010. It was rather scary having been laid off only two days before the start of the year!
Worst things:
  • The explosion of the BP Deepwater Horizon offshore rig killing 11 workers and spilling a colossal amount of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. I still can't think about the incident without my blood boiling.
  • The loss of fellow blogger Lisa aka Bumpkin on a Swing to ovarian cancer. All of us bloggers are better off for having known Lisa, and we are all the worse for having lost her. 
Resolutions for 2011
Most people vow to eat healthier, put down their vices, lose weight, etc. I'm no different, really. I've just tried to make my resolutions specific, so that I'll be better able to stick to them.
  • Eat more whole foods: I eat healthy about 85% of the time, which isn't so bad. However, my diet could always use some improvement. I'd like to get back to eating more fruits, veggies, whole grains and less processed foods.
  • Exercise five or more times a week: I'm not getting any younger, which means my metabolism isn't getting any faster. 
  • Drink no alcohol in the month of January: Why not give Mr. Liver a little break?
  • Write at least two blog posts per week: I've been neglecting this little blog of mine. Time to pay some attention to it, and to give my lovely readers a reason to continue visiting.
Well, there you have it, dear readers. What were the best and worst points of 2010 for you? Any resolutions for 2011?

4 red beans:

Marguerite said...

Those are some great resolutions! I don't make them anymore. lol Happy New Year, cher!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Marguerite. I hope you have a great 2011!

Liz said...

hmmm, perhaps to blog about the last year before the end of Jan. :)
BP still makes MY BP go up, too.

Make a Roux said...

I hear ya, Liz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...