I mingled a super-easy orange-rosemary simple syrup with bitters and club soda to come up with a drink that quelled my desire for that slightly herbal, medicinal taste I so often go for in my cocktails.
Tip: Keep the rest of the simple syrup in the fridge and use it to soak your next sponge cake.
For the orange-rosemary syrup:
zest of 1 navel orange
2 sprigs rosemary
1/4 c agave nectar
1 c filtered water
- Combine orange zest, rosemary, agave nectar, and water in a microwavable bowl or measuring cup.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Let syrup cool for about 10 minutes.
1/4 c + 2 Tbsp orange-rosemary syrup
4 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
orange wedge and/or rosemary sprig
- Fill a rocks glass halfway with crushed ice.
- Add the orange-rosemary simple syrup and bitters.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and/or a sprig of rosemary.