Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Mocktail - Orange-Rosemary Mingle

Last week, I promised you something citrusy and herbal. My new experiment doesn't disappoint.

I mingled a super-easy orange-rosemary simple syrup with bitters and club soda to come up with a drink that quelled my desire for that slightly herbal, medicinal taste I so often go for in my cocktails.


Tip: Keep the rest of the simple syrup in the fridge and use it to soak your next sponge cake.

Orange-Rosemary Mingle
For the orange-rosemary syrup:
zest of 1 navel orange
2 sprigs rosemary
1/4 c agave nectar
1 c filtered water
  1. Combine orange zest, rosemary, agave nectar, and water in a microwavable bowl or measuring cup.
  2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
  3. Let syrup cool for about 10 minutes.
For the mocktail:
1/4 c + 2 Tbsp orange-rosemary syrup
4 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
crushed ice
orange wedge and/or rosemary sprig
  1. Fill a rocks glass halfway with crushed ice.
  2. Add the orange-rosemary simple syrup and bitters.
  3. Top off with club soda.
  4. Swizzle.
  5. Garnish with an orange wedge and/or a sprig of rosemary.

0 red beans:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...