Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Mocktail - Blueberry Dream

It's Friday again, and time for another mocktail. As hubby and I continue our month with no alcohol, I've found myself needing not so much the alcohol, but the little ritual of kicking back with a special drink after work on Friday.


Again this week, I worked with things I had on hand -- blueberries, soy milk, and grape juice concentrate. I decided to go for something creamy, but not as heavy as a smoothie and with an icier texture. The end result tasted like a blueberry-grape popsicle.Yummy!

I'm going to try getting a little more creative next week with something on the herbacious and/or green side.

Blueberry Dream Mocktail

4 oz crushed ice
3 oz light soy milk
1 1/2 oz fresh blueberries (plus a few extra for garnish)
1 oz grape juice concentrate
1/2 oz water

  1. Place all ingredients, starting with with the ice and ending with the water into a blender. (Alternatively, use a glass and a stick blender.)
  2. Blend until thoroughly mixed and icy.
  3. Pour into a martini glass. Garnish with blueberries.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

3 red beans:

Sarah said...

You have me thinking I need to implement a Friday cocktail hour around here. And Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Looks YUMMY!

Make a Roux said...

I'm sure you'd come up with some brilliant cocktails. And who doesn't need a cocktail hour? ;)

Kristina said...

I like this series. It's clever of you to come up with drinks that are special enough to be served as virgin cocktails. I'll be referring to your blog the next time I entertain a pregnant friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...