Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cajun Thing - Couillon

It's back, chere!

In case you don't remember, the "Cajun Thing" is a series of blog posts about words, phrases and traditions that are uniquely Cajun. I haven't been posting them for a while, but I have a notebook full of items I've remembered along with more I encounter when speaking with my parents.

Today's Cajun thing is a COUILLON!  [KOO-yaw╔┤]

Couillon is basically the Cajun word for dummy or idiot. In fact, being called a couillon might actually be worse than being called an idiot.

"Dat Jean Sot is a couillon, yeah!"

2 red beans:

Sarah said...

Yes, I love Cajun Thing! I've missed these. Now I will know when I am being insulted all across this country.

Make a Roux said...

HAHA! Silly girl! None of the Cajuns I know would call you a couillon. They'd call you "chere" (dear)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...