Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spicy Cane Syrup Glazed Ham for the Holidays

It's almost time for my holiday visit back to South Louisiana, where I'll pick up more Camellia beans, Steen's Cane Syrup, Zatarain's Crawfish & Crab Boil, and Tiger Sauce for my pantry.

I picked up an 8lb ham on sale this week and thought I'd use up the last of my current cane syrup and Tiger Sauce stash by whipping up a sweet and spicy glaze. It was just the thing to add some zest to an otherwise plain meal. 

Spicy Cane Syrup Glazed Ham

1 c apricot jam
1 c cherry preserves
2 oz bourbon
4 Tbsp Steen's Cane Syrup
2 Tbsp Tiger Sauce (add more for a spicier glaze)
1 precooked ham

Preheat the oven to 325°.

Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking as the jam and preserves melt. Turn down the heat and let simmer until mixture coats a spoon and is slow to run off.

Place ham in a baking dish. Spread or brush with the glaze. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 10 minutes per lb.

Happy holidays!

4 red beans:

Sarah said...

Ok, I am not familiar with Steens Cane syrup or the tiger stuff, but I'm thinking I just want to lick that glaze off the ham! YUM!

Have a merry Christmas!

Marguerite said...

Your ham looks scrumptious! Love adding the Tiger Sauce, too! Yum! Have a wonderful time and a Joyeaux Noel!

Make a Roux said...

Hi Sarah! I forgot to mention that Tiger Sauce is a sweet and spicy sauce made by O'Reilly Foods in New Orleans. I have a hard time finding it here in Cali, so I get it on my trips back home to Louisiana.

Merry Christmas to you, too!!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks and Joyeaux Noel, Marguerite! (That reminds me of being in high school and singing Christmas carols in French at the senior citizens' centers in our town and towns in the area.)

Have a merry Christmas! I am heading home to see my family and pick up some goodies! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...