Friday, December 24, 2010

Spiced Moxie Cocktail for My Hubby

Here's a cocktail dedicated to my hubby. He's a dyed-in-the-wool New Englandah and he grew up drinking Moxie, a gentian-root based elixir.




I'll admit, when he first introduced me to Moxie, I found the taste a bit weird. Over time, I came to like and appreciate it. If you're new to Moxie, this cocktail is a nice way to try it. The spiced rum takes the edge off of the bitter component of the soft drink and ends up adding a bit of a vanilla taste.

I won't get to spend Christmas week with my hubby, as I've got limited vacation time this year. So he's off to visit his family in New England and I am off to see mine Louisiana. We'll be back in time to ring in the New Year together, though.

Until then, cheers to you, hubby! You've got moxie, so drink Moxie! ;)

Spiced Moxie Cocktail

crushed ice
4 oz Moxie Original Elixir
2 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum or other spiced rum

Add the crushed ice to a rocks glass.
Pour in the Moxie and spiced rum.
Give it a quick stir and drink up!

0 red beans:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...