Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving - What's on Your Menu?

Sorry for the lack of posts as of late. I'm deep in the throes of Thanksgiving houseguest- and dinner-planning preparations.

This year's menu is similar to last year's and includes some good Cajun favorites (yes, we call it "dressing", not "stuffing") mixed in with more traditional dishes.

So, without further ado, here's the plan:

Starters
Cheese and Spinach Palmiers
Boudin Balls
Champagne

Dinner
Brined Heritage Turkey with Sage Butter and Cider Gravy
Cajun Rice Dressing
Shrimp and Chicken Andouille Dressing
Maple Syrup Roasted Acorn Squash
Mashed Potatoes
Corn Gratin
Green Beans with Honey and Almonds
Port and Orange Cranberry Sauce
Jellied Cranberry Sauce (You know -- the canned stuff. It's for dear, sweet Hubby.)  :D
Yeast Rolls
Wines - TBD / Apple Cider

Dessert
Apple Tart
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Ice Cream and/or Vanilla Whipped Cream
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Mulled Wine / Dessert Wine / Coffee

What's going to be on your table this Thanksgiving?

Gotta run now! There's so much stuff to do!

8 red beans:

Diana's Cocina said...

Sounds incredible! You must post all recipes ;)!!!!

Roux In A Wok said...

I am making oyster and pecan dressing for friends in Hong Kong and also oranges stuffed with sweet potatoes. Yumm!! I can't wait!

misti said...

Wow...can I come to your Thanksgiving?? I'm drooling.

I'm not sure what my nannie has on her menu, but I know it has cream of mushroom in it. Haha :*)

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Diana! I'll try, but it might take me a while to get around to that. I'm already exhausted! How about you?

Make a Roux said...

YUM! I love oyster dressing, but have never had it with pecans. Sounds deelish!

Make a Roux said...

You'd be welcome anytime, misti!

:D

Anonymous said...

I am SO lucky!
Totally looking forward to Thanksgiving!

m2

Laurie said...

What a great menu. I am having turkey. I know that. But since I am now living in Honduras, I don't always celebrate Thanksgiving. But this year, I was invited to join a group of Hondurans and Americans. I found the turkey! That's not always easy. So we shall see next week when my friend from Cali arrives.

Bon appetit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...