Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Cocktail - Modified Caipiroska and Some New Things

Check out the cool glass given to me by my friend and regular blog reader, m2! m2 and his son picked up a set of these great repurposed Grey Goose bottles made into glasses/vases for me as a birthday gift. Isn't this the coolest glass? Thanks, m2! You guys shouldn't have. But, I am glad you did! :D

 

In honor of this terrific glass, I opted for a vodka-based Friday cocktail. I wanted something similar to a caipiroska, but with some bubbles in it.

  
I started with a caipiroska recipe, and then swapped out the sugar in the caipiroska recipe with some ZSweet I received in my Influenster GreenBox. The ZSweet performed beautifully.

 
Rather than muddling the drink in the glass, I muddled it in a shaker, shook it with ice, and then strained it into the glass over ice. After topping it off with tonic, I was good to go.

 
Try this cocktail for something new and refreshing.

Modified Caipiroska

2 packets ZSweet
4 key limes or 2 regular limes, in wedges (1 wedge reserved for garnish)
2 oz vodka
ice
tonic or club soda
  1. Add the ZSweet to the shaker.
  2. Place the limes into a cocktail shaker, and then drop in.
  3. Add vodka, and then muddle to extract more lime juice.
  4. Add 1 c ice, close the shaker and shake until cold.
  5. Strain into a highball glass, adding about 1 c ice.
  6. Top off with tonic or club soda.
  7. Garnish with a lime wedge.  
Cheers!

By the way, I got the cool stainless steel straw from Amazon.com.

5 red beans:

Laura said...

Wow!
This sounds amazing.
I need to get more adventuresome in my choices-
thanks for the inspiration.

Laura
White Spray Paint

Maranda said...

That glass is awesome and the drink doesn't sound too shabby either! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Gumbo Gal!!!!

I am so honored to be mentioned here in your blog, featured even - Wow!

Without further adieu, here's the place where these beauties came from -
http://www.bottlehood.com/

Believe me...the years of delicious food made by you for among others, me & my boy...is a great trade-off for these glasses. We're comin' out waaay ahead!

But in any event, Happy Belated & many more years of tasty beverages in these glasses. Cool straw too - love that!

yer pal,

M2 (& son)...

Diana's Cocina said...

Count me in for Friday Cocktails! I love Vodka! :-)

The Food Apprecianado said...

Ohh. Nice! I love a new cocktail. Perhaps it's happy hour now... somewhere? Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...