Check out the cool glass given to me by my friend and regular blog reader, m2! m2 and his son picked up a set of these great repurposed Grey Goose bottles made into glasses/vases for me as a birthday gift. Isn't this the coolest glass? Thanks, m2! You guys shouldn't have. But, I am glad you did! :D
In honor of this terrific glass, I opted for a vodka-based Friday cocktail. I wanted something similar to a caipiroska, but with some bubbles in it.
Modified Caipiroska2 packets ZSweet
4 key limes or 2 regular limes, in wedges (1 wedge reserved for garnish)
2 oz vodka
tonic or club soda
- Add the ZSweet to the shaker.
- Place the limes into a cocktail shaker, and then drop in.
- Add vodka, and then muddle to extract more lime juice.
- Add 1 c ice, close the shaker and shake until cold.
- Strain into a highball glass, adding about 1 c ice.
- Top off with tonic or club soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
By the way, I got the cool stainless steel straw from Amazon.com.