As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, I was invited to enter a contest using Fresh Express salads and received some coupons for free salad.
For my salad, I picked the 50/50 Mix, which consists of spring mix and baby spinach. It worked really well with the salty (salami), sweet (grapes), and earthy (goat cheese) tastes I'd chosen to combine.
Salad with Roasted Grapes, Crispy Salami Bits and Goat Cheese Vinaigrette
2 oz dry salami, 1/4" dice
1 - 2 lemon wedges
1 package Fresh Express 50/50 Mix
kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
1/4 c walnut pieces
goat cheese vinaigrette
1. Roast the grapes.
2. While the grapes are cooling, make the goat cheese vinaigrette.
3. In a small pan over medium heat, saute the salami until crisp and browned (approximately 4 mins).
4. Drain the salami bits on paper toweling. Set aside.
5. Place the package of salad greens into a mixing bowl.
6. Squeeze lemon onto salad greens and then season lightly with salt and pepper, tossing to coat.
7. Divide the salad greens evenly among two plates.
6. Divide the walnuts and grapes evenly atop the salads.
7. Spoon the dressing over the salads, and then top with the salami bits.
Serves 2 as an entree.
Spray 1 c red or black seedless grapes with olive oil cooking spray and roast at 425 for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Goat Cheese Vinaigrette
2 oz herb-coated goat cheese
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp honey
1/3 c buttermilk
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp green peppercorns, crushed
Blend goat cheese, red wine vinegar, honey, buttermilk, smoked paprika, and peppercorns with an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.