Friday, October 15, 2010

The Fall Garden 2010



HAPPY FALL GARDENING!
For all my gardening friends and readers, here is what's growing in Roux's garden this season!


Planted
Rapini - Broccoli Raab Sessantina
Cabbage - Red Acre; Conehead
Fennel, Florence
Cardoon/Thistle (If you are a Cajun, you call this "chardron)
Lettuces - Deer Tongue; Rouge D'hiver; Oak Leaf red and green
Endive, Olesh Tres Fines
Garlic, Nootka Rose
Onion, Red Burgermaster
Radish - Easter Egg; French Breakfast; Crimson Giant
Carrot - Danvers #126; Scarlet Nantes
Turnip, Hakurei
Kohl Rabi - Early White Vienna
Celery, Utah 52-70 Improved
Kale, Nero Toscana
Chard, Bright LightsMustard, Red Giant
Roquette, Rocket Salad
Spinach, Lavewa
Basil - Thai Purple; San Remo (green)
Thyme - Common; Lemon
Chives - Common
Cilantro
Dill, Fernleaf
Lavender, Blue River
Parsley, Italian
Rosemary, Culinary
Stevia


Still Growing
Nasturtium, Trailing Single, Mixed Color (reseeded)
Celery, Utah 52-7oR Improved (pup from Summer plants)
Pepper, Holy Mole'
Tomato, Sweet 100
Oregano, Greek
Spearmint
Sage, Common
Onion, Welsh
Onion, Multiplier
Chives - Garlic (volunteer)


To Add
Blackberry and/or Baba Berry

6 red beans:

Sarah said...

UMMM, I need serious green thumb help, or maybe it was just too hot this year and I planted too early. I only have beans, - bush. Mixed lettuce, and cilantro. Nothing is doing well. I need to come take a class from you or something.

Maranda said...

I wish I had a green thumb. Sadly...I kill everything. Even those plants that are "impossible to kill." Yeah...I kill them. Great job on your garden though!

Make a Roux said...

Hey Sarah, I have to credit my two grandpas and my dad for passing on a lot of their garden knowledge from the time I was a little kid. Still, though, not everything I learned applies here on the West coast. I've had my fair share of brown and black plants! :) Sounds like you are doing pretty well on your own!

Make a Roux said...

Hi Maranda, I'm sure you don't kill everything! If you are interested in some books, I'd recommend checking out "Square Foot Gardening" by Mel Bartholomew and "Lasagna Gardening" by Patricia Lanza. I've used both of them to get my gardens sarted.

Amy said...

Have you ever tried cooking cardoon? It's pretty tricky. http://www.mysuburbanhomestead.com/harvesting-cooking-cardoon/

Make a Roux said...

No. Where I come from, we don't cook it. We eat it raw as a salad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...