I've had a busy couple of weeks and have a backlog of posts to catch up to. For now, here's a quick little recipe for some quick pickles.
These babies are crunchy and spicy. Make them now and you can enjoy them tomorrow!
Quick Overnight Fridge Pickles
Makes 1 quart of pickles.
5 pickling cucumbers, sliced into coins
6 sprigs of fresh dill
2 tsp dill seed
2 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2 T black peppercorns
1 T green peppercorns
2 T coriander seeds
5 cloves garlic, quartered
6 - 8 small pearl or bunching onions, peeled
1 1/2 T kosher salt
1 1/2 T granulated sugar
1 c white vinegar
1. Pack cucumbers along with dill sprigs into a clean quart jar.
2. Add spices (dill seed through coriander), garlic and onions to the jar.
3. Add salt and sugar into vinegar, stirring until dissolved.
4. Pour over cucumbers and add enough filtered water to cover (about 1/2 c).
5. Tightly close lid on jar and shake.
6. Refrigerate overnight.