Monday, September 13, 2010

Quick Fridge Pickles

I've had a busy couple of weeks and have a backlog of posts to catch up to. For now, here's a quick little recipe for some quick pickles.



These babies are crunchy and spicy. Make them now and you can enjoy them tomorrow!

Quick Overnight Fridge Pickles
Makes 1 quart of pickles.


5 pickling cucumbers, sliced into coins
6 sprigs of fresh dill
2 tsp dill seed
2 tsp mustard seed
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2 T black peppercorns
1 T green peppercorns
2 T coriander seeds
5 cloves garlic, quartered
6 - 8 small pearl or bunching onions, peeled
1 1/2 T kosher salt
1 1/2 T granulated sugar
1 c white vinegar
filtered water




1. Pack cucumbers along with dill sprigs into a clean quart jar.
2. Add spices (dill seed through coriander), garlic and onions to the jar.
3. Add salt and sugar into vinegar, stirring until dissolved.
4. Pour over cucumbers and add enough filtered water to cover (about 1/2 c).
5. Tightly close lid on jar and shake.
6. Refrigerate overnight.

8 red beans:

Roux In A Wok said...

Devine! There is nothing better than a good pickle. I can't wait to test this out!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks! :D

Maranda said...

Yum! I love the addition of the red pepper flakes! Thanks for sharing!

Make a Roux said...

Hi Maranda! Hope you enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally making these too. Pickles & onions are always so yummy at your house. Nice to know that this is so easy too.

m2

sandieslittletreasures said...

PICKLES! MY WEAKNESS! YUM!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, m2! I want to try making a small batch of hot pickles with some of that yummy hot pepper vinegar you gave me.

Make a Roux said...

Perhaps I should re-title this post as Quick Fridge Pickles for Sandy. :D

I have a weakness for pickles, too. There are only about 5 little pickles left in the quart jar. I think I ate most of them myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...