Sunday, September 19, 2010

Foodbuzz's Project Food Blog!

Why should I be the next food blog star in Foodbuzz's Project Food Blog?


Because I can teach you the ABCs of Cajun cooking and culture...
A is for andouille
B is for boudin
C is for crawfish boils
D is for dressing sandwiches
E is for ├ętrenne
F is for field peas
G is for gumbo
H is for hog head cheese - Cajun pate'
I is for Indian mad stone - Cajun story of a stone with healing properties
J is for jambalaya
K is for king cake
L is for loup-loup
M is for muffulatta
N is for nannaine - your Cajun godmother
O is for oysters, which must be pronounced as "er-stahs"
P is for po'boy
Q is for quanne - leftover fat on a cut of meat
R is for roux
S is for schnille - a fuzzy, stinging caterpillar
T is for tasso
U is for up the bayou - to go North
V is for veiller - the act of chatting with friends
W is for watermelon rind preserves
X is for ending lots of words, especially surnames like Gautreaux
Y is for yi-yi - an exclamation; as in, "Yi-yi! That hurts!"
Z is for z'herbes, as in gumbo z'herbes!

Please be sure to vote for me beginning September 20 and help me to win the title of Next Food Blog Star! To vote, just click the Project Food Blog widget on the right side of the screen! Thanks, y'all!

13 red beans:

Sarah said...

I love it! What a good intro to the project!

s i a n s said...

i love cajun food.. like a lot :)

sending you a vote heheh.

Marguerite said...

Great post! Love your ABC's of Cajun cooking! I will definitely be voting for you, sha! Good luck!

Roux In A Wok said...

Done! Now, tell me about those shrimp in the picture!!

Make a Roux said...

Sarah and sians, you two just got my vote!

Make a Roux said...

A million thanks, Marguerite! I'll do my best to represent the Cajun contingent! :D

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Roux! I really appreciate it. :)

The shrimp are barbecued shrimp. Not unlike the kind you might get at Pascale's Manale in NO. You'll find my take on the recipe about midway through this post:
http://makearoux.blogspot.com/2010/07/foodbuzz-24-x-24-tastes-of-south.html

Cheers!

Danielle said...

Ha! What a cute and unique post for PFB!

Lindsay said...

What a creative post idea!! I just gave you a vote! You can check out my entry here: http://tinyurl.com/2ec2hlq Thanks and Good Luck!!

Maranda said...

Hahaha! This is awesome!

Jen Cheung said...

hey ya! you have a lovely blog here. Stumble upon your blog through foodbuzz. :) I voted for your blog. hope that helps. Good Lucky !!!! feel free to drop by!!


have a lovely weekend
jen @ www.passion4food.ca

Make a Roux said...

Danielle and Lindsay, thanks to both of you! I enjoyed your entries and voted for both of ya.

Make a Roux said...

Hi Jen! I have bookmarked your blog. Love your food reviews. I love Asian food, but I don't know how to cook it. Looking to get some pointers off of you. :D Thanks a bunch for voting for me!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...