Thursday, August 26, 2010

Five Years Ago

August 29, 2010 is the fifth anniversary of Katrina. As the day approaches, I'm thinking of all those who:
  • lost their lives
  • lost their loved ones
  • lost their homes
  • lost their pets
  • lost their communities
  • lost their businesses
  • lost their favorite gathering places
  • struggle daily with the things they saw and experienced during and after the storm
  • took their own lives in the aftermath
  • still live in toxic FEMA trailers
  • rebuilt their homes only to deal with toxic fumes from Chinese drywall
  • are displaced and still haven't made it home
Remember that Louisianians and Mississippians have suffered, but are moving on every day. They are strong people with strong familial and cultural ties, and they will persevere.

=====================
Other Topics of Interest:
Four Years Ago
Three Years
Two Years

5 red beans:

Keri said...

Wow... you have me in tears here. Your words are simple but they resonate. Hope you're doing well.

Keri

www.samwich365.com

Keri said...

Hi,.. I keep forgetting to tell you this, but any time I have ever left you a comment, I get email after email with error messages. They come over and over again because I think the server keeps trying to send them as if in an email ... very strange ... here' s the message:

This error message indicates that we've attempted to make a connection with your recipient's server but didn't receive a reply. Some possible causes include the following:

•The other domain doesn't have up-to-date MX records or is otherwise misconfigured.
•The other domain is blacklisting or graylisting messages from Gmail.
•The other domain is experiencing temporary networking problems

Chef Bee said...

Thank you for reminding me to pray for those who need it and appreciate my blessings.

Plan B

Make a Roux said...

Keri, thanks for pausing to think of everyone affected by Katrina.

Thx for letting me know about the errors. I have been unable to figure out what is causing them. I'll see if I can find some info on the blogger site.

Make a Roux said...

Thank you, Chef Bee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...