Friday, June 11, 2010

A Friday Margarita and an Award!

Happy Friday!
I just got the Happy 101 award from Liz over at My Big Fat Cajun/Irish/ Scottish/English/German/ French/Southern Family Blog (say that five times really fast)! Liz has a cool blog that she uses to research her family's roots. And, it turns out, she's got a couple of things in common with me -- she's a Cajun and she lives in Southern California.
If you read my blog, please go by Liz's blog and tell them that Make A Roux sent you!


As a Happy 101 recipient, I have to list 10 things that make me happy:

1. Spending time with my husband
2. Spending time with my parents and sister
3. Being in Louisiana
4.Eating chocolate
5. Cooking something fabulous
6. Cocktail hour
7. Throwing parties
8. Spending time in my garden
9. Listening to music
10. Blogging


In addition, I've got to give this award to other bloggers who make me happy. Here goes!
Sandy at Sandie's Little Treasures
Hal at Mindful Hal
Keri at Spit and Glue
Bumpkin at Bumpkin On a Swing
Laura at White Spray Paint

Thanks again, Liz!


And what better way to celebrate getting an award than having a cocktail?
I recently whipped up a few of these margaritas for hubby and I while we puttered around the yard over the weekend. The concensus was that they were absolutely fabulous!



Margarita, My Way
Makes 1 cocktail
handful of ice
2 oz white or silver tequila
2 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz fresh orange juice
big pinch of kosher salt
1 tsp agave nectar
1 oz triple sec
slice of lime for garnish
  1. Place ice, tequila, juices, salt, and agave nectar into a cocktail shaker.
  2. Shake vigorously to mix.
  3. Remove top from shaker and pour all (including ice) into a cocktail glass.
  4. Top with a float of triple sec and garnish with a slice of lime.
  5. Toast to a fabulous weekend!

12 red beans:

Marguerite said...

Congrats on your award, cher! That Margarita look heavenly! Cheers!

misti said...

That 'rita looks so perfect!

And our happy lists are very similar :)

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Marguerite! Cheers!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Misti! It was so tasty!

I'm not surprised that our lists are so similar! :D

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Hi I need some recipes that can be thrown into a ziploc and sent out to see with the Captain, for his sweet tooth. Something that takes some heat, they do have an air conditioning in the galley, but it's still a little hot down there, I think chocolate would melt.
Any ideas?

Make a Roux said...

Hey Bumpkin, one thing that comes to mind is any variation on a rice krispies treat. I like them best when they're on the warm side. How about a peanut butter cookie? These are good with or without chocolate: http://makearoux.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-sugar-hangover-pb2-peanut.html

How about some mini muffins or maybe some sugared nuts, brittle or praline for a dose of protein along with the sugar? I have a few things I can email you. Thanks again to you and the Captain for your informative spill reports.

Liz said...

Mmmm... can't wait to try this. BTW, I think I came across your blog via my friend Ellen's blog "Pugs on the Counter."
Cheers!
Liz

Sam said...

Congratulations! This looks killer. I LUVS me some margaritas!

sandieslittletreasures said...

looking yummy roux ! Keep our taste buds watering and our little tongues hanging with the post of great food ! :)

Make a Roux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Make a Roux said...

Thanks a bunch, Liz! Good to know how you found me. BTW, I overhauled my blog and have been missing all my old blog roll links. Thanks for reminding me about Pugs on the Counter. I've added both yours and Ellen's blogs to my blogroll. Cheers!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Sandy! I love your new blog design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...