I just got the Happy 101 award from Liz over at My Big Fat Cajun/Irish/ Scottish/English/German/ French/Southern Family Blog (say that five times really fast)! Liz has a cool blog that she uses to research her family's roots. And, it turns out, she's got a couple of things in common with me -- she's a Cajun and she lives in Southern California.
If you read my blog, please go by Liz's blog and tell them that Make A Roux sent you!
As a Happy 101 recipient, I have to list 10 things that make me happy:
1. Spending time with my husband
2. Spending time with my parents and sister
3. Being in Louisiana
5. Cooking something fabulous
6. Cocktail hour
7. Throwing parties
8. Spending time in my garden
9. Listening to music
In addition, I've got to give this award to other bloggers who make me happy. Here goes!
Sandy at Sandie's Little Treasures
Hal at Mindful Hal
Keri at Spit and Glue
Bumpkin at Bumpkin On a Swing
Laura at White Spray Paint
Thanks again, Liz!
And what better way to celebrate getting an award than having a cocktail?
I recently whipped up a few of these margaritas for hubby and I while we puttered around the yard over the weekend. The concensus was that they were absolutely fabulous!
Margarita, My Way
Makes 1 cocktail
handful of ice
2 oz white or silver tequila
2 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz fresh orange juice
big pinch of kosher salt
1 tsp agave nectar
1 oz triple sec
slice of lime for garnish
- Place ice, tequila, juices, salt, and agave nectar into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously to mix.
- Remove top from shaker and pour all (including ice) into a cocktail glass.
- Top with a float of triple sec and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Toast to a fabulous weekend!