The environment, the wildlife, and the people in the area still need help. BP's containment dome may not be put in place for some time (Will it even work?) due to a high amount of oil fumes in the area and fears that those fumes might ignite.
The oil is moving in on the beloved communities of Lafitte and Grand Isle.
If it's not one thing, it's another.
If you'd like to help, here are some more suggestions:
- Buy a Make Wetlands, Not Oil t-shirt from Dirty Coast Press. Proceeds from the sale of the shirt go to the Unified Commercial Fisherman’s Association.
- Purchase a Rescue Me tee from Fleurty Girl Tees. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this shirt go to the Audubon Institute's Louisiana Marine Mammal & Sea Turtle Rescue Program (LMMSTRP) . This shirt is printed with SOY-BASED INK. No petroleum products are used.
- Please continue to buy Louisiana seafood while it is available, and support restaurants serving seafood from the region.
- Visit the hotels and beaches along the Gulf Coast. They're still open for business.
- And, most of all, please keep the kind souls in the Gulf Coast area in your hearts and minds.