Saturday, April 3, 2010

Q and A with Sam from Sandwich 365

Remember my friend Sam from this post? Back then, I promised you a little profile on Sam and her blog, Sandwich 365. Today, I'm finally making good on that promise. (Better late than never, right?)

I decided to profile Sam in question and answer format. So without further ado, I bring you Q and A with Sam:


Q: What inspired you to start Sandwich 365 (samwich365.com)?
A: I was inspired to start S365 because three people told me I should start a blog, and when the 4th person told me that, I happened to be eating a PBJ. I answered her the same way I had answered the first 3 people .... saying .. what the heck would I blog about? Only this time I said, "what the heck would I blog about, a sandwich"? It was then that my life as a gourou of the sandwich emerged, and I realized I was the girl for the job.

Q: Did you appoint yourself Le Gourou du Sandwich, or did someone else?
A: Yes, I have appointed myself the Sandwich Guru because while researching the blog world for sandwich related sites, there were only a few people willing to devote their entire blog life to the lowly sandwich. Can you imagine? Some one had to champion the sandwich. And so it is me.



Q: To date, what has been your best contribution to the sandwich world?
A: The best contribution I have made to the world of sandwiches is indeed, Sandwich365. There are not enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the months to cover this topic. Sandwiches are EVERYWHERE, and at any given hour of the day or night, someone, somewhere is making one, eating one, or thinking of one. It's an awesome responsibility.


Q: Have you ever met a sandwich you didn't like?
A: Yes, I meet sandwiches I don't like all the time. If they've been frozen, I automatically don't like them, if they're not made with passion and love for the sandwich, I don't like them. Fresh.... always fresh, is my motto. From time to time I review commercially made sandwiches or restaurant sandwiches on S365 and take pride in the fact that my reviews are ALWAYS honest.  



Q: If you had to eat the same kind of sandwich each day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A: If I had to eat just one sandwich every day for life. I guess it would be the PBJ. I grew up on them, and so long as I had milk or coffee to go with it, I think I could handle it. But, I would be living a life in mourning for all the other sandwiches which would have to be neglected. So sad.


Q: Where can you be found and what would you be doing when you aren't eating or concocting sandwiches?
A: I can be found in the South Eastern U.S. In rural Georgia, however I was transplanted here from Nevada, and went to Nevada from S. California, and S. Cal from Hawaii. If you knocked on my door here in Rural Georgia, You would find me here at my PC or in the kitchen ... that's for real.


Q: I've heard you have a thing for Gordon Ramsay. Is that true?
A: Yes, Gordon Ramsay is my hero, heart-throb and basically the master of my culinary soul. I love nothing more than to see him ream a chef or restaurant owner over serving/selling crap or filthy food to anyone. I think doing so is an atrocity and only Gordon can give them the kind of tongue lashing they deserve.

I have enjoyed this interview more than you will ever know. Thank you so much. Sam

No. Thank you, Sam, for bringing the world Sandwich 365!

5 red beans:

Sam said...

Wow! This is soooo cool, friend. Thanks for taking the time to put it up here. I know you must be awful busy. If you're life is anything like mine, I can imagine.

I'm sending you a photo of an Easter gift my Niece sent me. Tell me what you think.....

Take good care and keep cookin and bloggin.

Sam said...

Hi, Check it out. http://sandwich365.blogspot.com/2010/04/interview-with-guru.html

Make a Roux said...

Nice, Sam! Thanks for linking me up! :)

Hoity Toity Baby said...

Oh this is fantastic! I love Sam and each of her fabulous sandwiches! Good job Roux! And good job Sam! The sandwich force is certainly with you!

Laura said...

Hi-
I am so glad I found your blog this evening-
I love anything Louisiana.
I'll be back-
I am now a follower

Laura
White Spray Paint
Stop by if you have time-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...