Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Favorite Frozen Sangria

Sangria is one of my all-time favorite drinks come Spring and Summer. Every year, I play around with my basic recipe and am usually happy with the results of my tinkering. Today, on the day of our first pool party of 2010, I found myself ecstatic with my new sangria concoction. Hence, my "New Favorite Frozen Sangria"! Enjoy!



New Favorite Frozen Sangria

16 oz of your favorite, fruity red wine
1 12oz can of your favorite frozen tropical juice blend (I used Guava/Passion Fruit/Orange)
4 oz orange flavored rum (I used Bacardi O)

3 oz Amaretto
2 oz peach schnapps
1 oz passion fruit syrup (I used Torani brand)
2 c ice

1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend at high speed until icy.
3. Serve immediately, or store in freezer until ready to serve.



Tip: Lighten up the drink by filling a glass 2/3 full of frozen sangria, then adding ice and topping off with seltzer or club soda.

6 red beans:

nan said...

I think I'll make that this summer but freeze it in the ice cream maker instead of blending with ice! YUM!

Marguerite said...

Oh, this Frozen Sangria is making my mouth water! Looks fab and you can bet I'm going to try it!

Sam said...

Yumo! I'll be trying this. Now that weather permits (except for yesterday when it rained all day)! I don't need any excuse to have sangria, baby. How you doin? Wish you'd whip me up one of your wildly delicious sounding recipes. No matter what it is, it's always better when an expert makes is for you, behave yourself. Keri

Make a Roux said...

Nan, that is a fabulous idea. Wish I'd thought of it myself!

Marguerite, if you try it out, please let me know what you think.

Sam, I'm doing great! Thanks for asking! I'll trade you a sangria for a sandwich. :)

Sarah said...

You had me at Sangria. I think they should have this come out of the icy machines at circle k. The world would be a much happier place!

Daniel said...

Genius. Pure genius :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...