Monday, March 29, 2010

Dah Winnah!

Many years ago, there was an alternative New Orleans newspaper named FigaroFigaro consisted mostly of entertainment stories and commentary on the city. The Figaro also had a nice crossword puzzle at the back. My dad would sometimes pick up a copy and we'd solve the puzzle together, as we often did with other crossword puzzles. The Figaro held a monthly t-shirt drawing for all successfully completed puzzle entries. The resulting t-shirts were yellow and emblazoned with an image of a crossword puzzle, "Figaro" and the phrase, "Dah Winnah!" Over the course of a couple years, we won a couple of t-shirts. Fun times with Dad! :)

Anyway, this post is actually titled Dah Winnah, because I'm announcing the winner of my Cajunland Brand Cajun Seasoning Giveaway!

I have to be honest. I couldn't pick a favorite recipe because they all sounded great. Instead, I jotted the names of the four entrants (Only four? Jeez!) on slips of paper, put them into a small bowl, and then asked Hubby to pull one.

And dah winnah is...





Vince!



Vince, please send your address to me at gumbokitchen[AT]gmail[DOT]com, so I can get the seasoning to you.


Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway. I'll have another one coming up soon!

2 red beans:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

I recognized the Dah Winner immediately. I use to love Figaro.

Make a Roux said...

YAY! So glad you remember it, Bumpkin. There is a nary a trace of it left. It now exists only in our memories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...