Friday, February 12, 2010

Thank You, Boys!

I know it's a little late to be saying thanks to the Saints for their awe-inspiring Super Bowl win. Honestly, though, it is only now sinking in that they've won. The thing is, I always felt they'd win the game. Somehow, I just never thought I would see it happen -- I thought that my television would blow up, that a giant ACME safe would fall on my head from a two-story building, etc. If you are a Saints fan, you know what I'm trying to say here.

Kudos to the Saints for not only winning the game, but also for being a class act in a time when there are so few of them around.

I know that this victory is all due to the team members and their commitment to winning, but it's fun to think of all the Louisianians, both displaced and at home, all cooking at the same time and their universal pull on the end result of the game. ;)

There isn't much more for me to say than that I wish I could have been there in person, but I was most definitely there in my heart. THANK YOU, BOYS!

Some pics of my Super Bowl party eats...

Hurricanes


Abita Amber and Abita Jockamo Beers



Alice White Lexia (Black & Gold Wine of the Super Bowl, given to me by a good friend of mine who couldn't make it to the party)



Muffalettas



Shrimp-stuffed Pistolettes


Red Beans and Rice



Black & Gold Cupcakes



Black & Gold M&Ms



And hearty helpings of Louisiana hospitality, hope, and excitement!

8 red beans:

Marguerite said...

What a beautiful Cajun spread! Shrimp Pistolettes are my fave and that Muff is "to die for", cher! Love the drinks, too! Long live the Saints!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Lovely lovely spread! I especially love the muffalettas! YUM!

misti said...

Ya outdid yaself this time! Looks like we all missed a good party!

Make a Roux said...

Marguerite -- Thanks! I don't know why I've never made shrimp pistolettes for any of my other parties. They make for great hand-held party food and can be made ahead of time. What more can one ask for?

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Jenn! I made a nice muffaletta salad the next day because I had some extra meats, cheeses and olive salad lying around. Does that count as leftovers? ;)

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, miss misti! I tried my best to help everyone "pass a good time" with some good food and drinks. :D

Sam said...

Muffalettas? Shrimp-stuffed Pistolettes? You MUST have me feature your stuff on Samwich365! The worst that can happen is more traffic to your site.

Keri

Make a Roux said...

Sam, I'd be honored! I'm happy to provide recipes if you'd like.

Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...