Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Super Bowl Eats!

Just in case you've been living under a rock, I'm here to tell you that THE SAINTS HAVE MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL!


I still can't believe it! It's so exciting. I still have childhood memories of people wearing the Aints bags on their heads back in the 70s. The Saints have come such a long way since then, lifting up the spirits of the entire gret' stet' of Louisiana! This is going to be the biggest, wildest SUPER BOWL EVER!

Louisianians/Saints fans worth their salt have been dreaming of this Super Bowl and of the things they would serve to their Saints-adoring friends and family! I, for one, have been dreaming for quite some time!

Here's my preliminary menu. It is, as always, subject to change at the chef's whim. :)
  • Tortilla Chips with Guacamole and Smoky Black-Eyed Pea and White Bean Salsa
  • Shrimp-stuffed Pistolettes - French bread rolls stuffed with shrimp, cheese, seasonings and love. (Yes, love!)
  • Mini Muffalettas - Small versions of the quintessential New Orleans-Italian sandwich of meats, cheeses, and olive salad.
  • Red Beans and Rice - "They sure are nice, that old New Orleans way."
  • Black & Gold Cupcakes - Dark chocolate cupcakes with edible gold embellishments.
  • Hurricanes - You know, just a little something to calm those nerves.


Now, the question for you is...
WHATCHA COOKING, CHERE?

E  A  U  X       S  A  I  N  T  S  !

16 red beans:

Theresa111 said...

I bet you are jumping for joy to have a Super Bowl Party this year! Congratulations and I hope they pull off the big win! :)

Are you free for a bit Saturday early afternoon?

Half Hour Meals

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Damn forgot the muffaletta's uggggggggghhhhhhhhh what was I thinking?

UrbanIdeas said...

Well am glad the Saints are also in the Super Bowl and they better win! Just for that am making a Gumbo. Am actually checking your recipes for inspiration!

aryder said...

They can only win with that menu! Geaux Saints!

Marguerite said...

What a fabulous menu, cher! Love it and wish that I could come to your party! Have a bon ton! Geaux Saints!

tallmisto said...

Awesome! I've been wondering what you were going to be eating while cheering away from your Saints!

Katherine Aucoin said...

I'm making some duck and andoulle gumbo and a special chicken recipe I'll post next week sometime!

It's almost like Thanksgiving... almost all about the food!

Have a bon temps Cher!

Who Dat!

Make a Roux said...

Thanks, Theresa! Yes, I was so happy to celebrate the Saints going to the Super Bowl! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the chat on Satuday. As usual, I was running behind on my party prep.

Make a Roux said...

Bumpkin, I am sure that your party spread was divine, even sans muffalettas. WHO DAT?

Make a Roux said...

Hi UrbanIdeas! So glad you stopped by my blog. Did you end up using my gumbo recipe? If so, I would love to hear your feedback. I stopped by your blog and read your menu. Sounded delicious!

Make a Roux said...

Yeah, Amy! My menu is the reason they won. WOOOO! Er... okay. I cannot take credit, but WHO DAT?

UrbanIdeas said...

Hello again and yes I did make the Gumbo and let me tell you, still getting compliments on it. Here is the link how how I did it! THANK YOU! you were a great inspiration!

Make a Roux said...

tallmisto, I knew I just HAD to have a party. :)

Katherine, I love a good duck and andouille gumbo! LOVE the Get Crunked recipe! And congrats on getting to meet Kelly Ripa and the Cake Boss!!!

Make a Roux said...

@UrbanIdeas -- Can you please repost the link? It didn't work, but I'd love it if you could share it with everyone here.

UrbanIdeas said...

But of course. It is an honor: http://worldtapas.blogspot.com/2010/02/chicken-andouille-and-shrimp-gumbo.html

Diana's Cocina said...

Lovin your spread. Sorry i mised it ;).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...