I still can't believe it! It's so exciting. I still have childhood memories of people wearing the Aints bags on their heads back in the 70s. The Saints have come such a long way since then, lifting up the spirits of the entire gret' stet' of Louisiana! This is going to be the biggest, wildest SUPER BOWL EVER!
Louisianians/Saints fans worth their salt have been dreaming of this Super Bowl and of the things they would serve to their Saints-adoring friends and family! I, for one, have been dreaming for quite some time!
Here's my preliminary menu. It is, as always, subject to change at the chef's whim. :)
- Tortilla Chips with Guacamole and Smoky Black-Eyed Pea and White Bean Salsa
- Shrimp-stuffed Pistolettes - French bread rolls stuffed with shrimp, cheese, seasonings and love. (Yes, love!)
- Mini Muffalettas - Small versions of the quintessential New Orleans-Italian sandwich of meats, cheeses, and olive salad.
- Red Beans and Rice - "They sure are nice, that old New Orleans way."
- Black & Gold Cupcakes - Dark chocolate cupcakes with edible gold embellishments.
- Hurricanes - You know, just a little something to calm those nerves.
Now, the question for you is...
WHATCHA COOKING, CHERE?
G E A U X S A I N T S !