What's the Mardi Gras Blues? It's that feeling you get when you find yourself unable to be in Southern Louisiana during Carnival time, especially on Mardi Gras day.
Here's how I cure it:
- Listen to my favorite Mardi Gras tunes from Professor Longhair, The Wild Magnolias, and Stop, Inc., just to name a few.
- Fly my ginormous Mardi Gras flag, which sticks out like a sore thumb in my SoCal neighborhood and proudly announces that, "A Cajun lives here!"
- Bake and eat as much king cake as possible.
- Watch live streams of the parades on the Internet.
- Eat lots of gumbo and jambalaya.
- Hang strands of Mardi Gras beads in every room.