Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Curing the Mardi Gras Blues

Ever since February rolled around, I've found myself with a case of the Mardi Gras Blues.

What's the Mardi Gras Blues? It's that feeling you get when you find yourself unable to be in Southern Louisiana during Carnival time, especially on Mardi Gras day.



Here's how I cure it:
  • Listen to my favorite Mardi Gras tunes from Professor Longhair, The Wild Magnolias, and Stop, Inc., just to name a few.
  • Fly my ginormous Mardi Gras flag, which sticks out like a sore thumb in my SoCal neighborhood and proudly announces that, "A Cajun lives here!"
  • Bake and eat as much king cake as possible.
  • Watch live streams of the parades on the Internet.
  • Eat lots of gumbo and jambalaya.
  • Hang strands of Mardi Gras beads in every room.
If you were unable to go to the Mardi Gras this year, what did you do to cure your Mardi Gras Blues?

3 red beans:

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Sorry you missed it, check out my Mardi Gras post to remind you of what you didn't miss.

misti said...

I missed out this year too :( All my brothers and sisters called me from the parades, which I think they meant to cheer me up, but only made it worse somehow.

Fly that flag, girl!

Make a Roux said...

haha! Just read it, Bumpkin! That is actually why I love to spend my Mardi Gras in the areas surrounding NO, and not the FQ/Canal. I love the FQ when it isn't Mardi Gras. Also, the small town parades in the river parishes are lots of fun.

Misti, sorry to hear that you were miserable, too. :[

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...