Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cajun Thing - "Cajun Night Before Christmas"

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted one of my Cajun Things.

Here is my one of my favorite things for the season: Cajun Night Before Christmas

A children's book/poem written by someone credited only as "Trosclair" and illustrated by James Rice, it is a send-up of The Night Before Christmas. The book uses Cajun phrases and pronunciations, and changes the poem's setting to a house in the Cajun swampland.

I highly recommend this book for any little kids you know. Or, grab a copy for yourself and start a new holiday tradition by reading it out loud to your family.

2 red beans:

misti said...

*Gasp* My nannie read that to us EVERY Christmas Eve! I love that you posted this. My favorite part when I was little was when they started calling the gators' names :)

Make a Roux said...

Hey Misti! I hope that you are having a wonderful Christmas holiday.

Thanks for sharing your memories of the book. I, too, love when that gators' names are called. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...