Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so start pre-turkey week off with a cocktail that plays up a few Thanksgiving favorites -- cranberry, ginger and bourbon.
As a note to those who love their cocktails sweet, this one may not be for you. It is only slightly sweet, with the tang of unsweetened cranberry juice mingling with the complexity of the bourbon.
This cocktail would work beautifully with a few frozen cranberries in it. I had no cranberries today, as I have yet to do my Thanksgiving shopping.
Cranberry Bourbon Spritz
2 oz ice
1 shot bourbon
2 shots natural, unsweetened cranberry juice
splash of Peychaud's Bitters
1/4 tsp agave nectar
2 lime wheels
1) Place ice in a rocks glass.
2) Add the bourbon, cranberry juice, bitters, and agave nectar.
3) Stir gently to mix.
4) Squeeze one of the lime wheels into the glass and drop in.
5) Top off with ginger ale.
6) Garnish with remaining lime wheel.
7) Toast the upcoming Thanksgiving season!