Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Cocktail #27 - Pink Lychee Slush

Store-bought maraschino cherries, bright red and otherworldy in appearance, are sickly sweet. I'd prefer to preserve my own cherries, but hadn't gotten around to doing so the last time Hubby and I threw a cocktail party. Now that I'm down to a few cherries in the jar, I'm trying to rush it along on its trip to the recycling bin. Every so often, I look at the jar in the fridge and think about tossing it.


Today, I looked at the jar and wondered if the cherry "juice" would make a worthwhile cocktail ingredient. Yes, the juice has HFCS, which I try to avoid buying or consuming, but it also has a nice almond-cherry flavor and that undeniable red color.

I added just a smidge along with some pineapple juice to make a nice, icy slush from my new, favorite bar ingredient -- Soho Lychee liqueur.


One of these days, I'll get around to making my own maraschino cherries. Until then, I'll have an occasional slush.

Pink Lychee Slush

1 1/2 c ice
4 oz SoHo Lychee liqueur
2 oz pineapple juice
1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until slushy.
3. You know what to do next.

0 red beans:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...