Ah, summer. The days are getting hotter and we want to lighten things up a bit.
If you're looking to save a few calories, or just consume less alchohol this summer, try a spritzer.
White Peach White Wine Spritzer
1 bottle white wine (I like Pinot Gris, Gewürtztraminer, Grüner Veltliner)
2 white peaches
3 c club soda
mint sprigs, for garnish
1) Peel one peach and chop into large chunks.
2) Puree the peeled peach in a food processor or with a hand blender and set aside.
3) Chop the other peach and place in a large pitcher.
4) Pour the bottle of wine into the pitcher.
5) Place the pureed peach into the cheesecloth and squeeze to strain juices into the pitcher. Discard pulp or reserve for another use (like your next sorbet).
6) Pour the club soda into the pitcher.
7) Place ice into a large wine glass or highball glass.
8) Pour the spritzer over the ice and garnish with mint sprig.