Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Cocktail #21 - Tangelo Bourbon Fizz

Happy Friday one and all. Twas a short week, but exhausting nonetheless.


Today I bring you my twist on the the bourbon fizz.


Your typical bourbon fizz features lemon juice and simple syrup, but I opted to switch out the lemon for tangelo and the simple syrup for agave nectar. I replaced the lemon with tangelo because, even though I enjoy lemons, I just adore anything orange or orange-ish. The agave nectar came into the fold simply because it is simpler than simple syrup. :)

Tangelo Bourbon Fizz
2 oz bourbon
2 Tbsp fresh tangelo juice
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 shake of Peychaud Bitters
club soda (enough for topping off)
tangelo wheel or wedge

1. Quick-chill a small wine glass by filling it with ice and water.
2. Add all but the club soda and the orange wedge into a cocktail shaker 2/3 full of ice.
3. Shake until icy cold.
4. Dump ice from the wine glass, then strain the mixture into it.
5. Top with club soda, then stir once.
6. Add tangelo wedge or wheel.

2 red beans:

Geggie said...

Cheers to that! I love orange and I love bourbon. I'm making this!

alison mc said...

now this sounds like the ticket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...