Saturday, April 25, 2009

Food Blogger Not Dead; Just Vacationing!

Hello, dear readers! For those of you who were worried that I'd abandoned my cherished blog baby for other pursuits, or that I'd met with an unfortunate end, I'm here to assure you that I have done neither.



Hubby and I just spent a blissful five days in Kona, Hawaii. We did nothing but eat, drink, lounge on the beach, and enjoy the ocean. Talk about rest and relaxation!



I must admit that I didn't feel like lugging the camera around everywhere. Unfortunately, that means I didn't get too many pics of the yummy food we ate.

My favorite dish was an appetizer -- a deconstructed, Hawaiian interpretation of the Croque Madame. I have no photo, but I can remember it very well... a small square of grilled, caramelized pineapple, a panko-crusted sweet crouton topped with melted gruyere cheese, a square of perfectly-cooked, unctuous pork belly, and half of a soft-boiled quail's egg. OMG. Nothing sums up that dish better than what Hubby said he saw, "Your eyes just rolled back in your head!"

I kept a journal of all the meals, but I'm not sure whether it's worth transcribing here with no photos. For now, I'll leave you with a photo of the chef's special surf and turf. The fish was delicious, but I cannot remember exactly what it was. I think it was the blue nose snapper. It sat on a bed of orange butter sauce, which was delicious and deceptively light in taste.



There are more things to come from me now that I am back to real life. Sorry to worry everyone! Aloha!

4 red beans:

Julie said...

Looks like paradise! Glad you had a nice time :)

Anonymous said...

Your eyes really rolled back in your head...just like Homer Simpson??

Wow!

m2

ps - thanx for the magazines!

tallmisto said...

I was wondering. Glad you were just relaxing!

onlinepastrychef said...

That Croque Madame sounds awesome, although I was sure that the part of the ham would be played by Spam. Pork belly works, though, too! Glad you had a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...