Monday, March 30, 2009

Woo! I got an award!

Oh, wow! I just got a blog award from tallmisto at Life is Still Sweet. I was introduced to tallmisto by a mutual friend of ours. We've never met in person, but I feel like I know her and I think we'd be fast friends if we met.

Please visit Life is Still Sweet and check out tallmisto's delicious recipes and beautiful stories about life and family.

Thanks, tallmisto!


The rules of the award:

* Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
* Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
* List at least 10 honest things about yourself.


Here I go. Get ready for some honesty!

1) When I was a kid, I wanted to be a fashion designer.

2) I trip and fall at least once a year. I'm quite a klutz!

3) On most days, I change outfits about three times before leaving the house.

4) I won't go out without makeup.

5) I've been trying to stop drinking Diet Coke for about 10 years.

6) I hold grudges.

7) I'm addicted to watching Real Housewives of OC and NYC.

8) I could eat peanut butter for every meal. Good thing I don't.

9) I refuse to watch any and all movies starring Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kevin Costner, and Mel Gibson.

10) I am always worried about a certain Psycho finding my blog, which is why you never see my whole face. (Yes, I do have one!)


7 blogs I'm tagging are:

Huckleberry Gumbo
Bell'alimento
Pastry Methods and Techniques
It's Just as We Suspected
Cooking Stuff
Confabulation in the Kitchen
Five Star Foodie

Cheers!

10 red beans:

onlinepastrychef said...

Wowie, thank you so much for the award! It means quite a lot, and I appreciate it. Such support really encourages me to keep doing what I'm doing and to try to always strive to do better.

Katherine Aucoin said...

Congrats on the award! You so deserve it!

tallmisto said...

I'm a huge Klutz too and think I trip and fall very often. All the knives and heat in the kitchen probably worry my family.

Thanks for the sweet words, and the cottage cheese in hummus idea. It's so good!

Bob said...

Congratz on the award and thanks for sharing! :)

misti said...

Oooh so fun! Thanks!!

I share your enthuiasm for peanut butter...I can eat it out of the jar.

I'm a klutz too. I'm probably the only person to trip UP the stairs.

Emily said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and first off, it's super neat! I think I'm going to have to go home tonight and whip up peas a la Make a Roux. And then maybe most importantly, here here on your movie bans. I think if I go the rest of my life without ever watching a Tom Cruise movie again, I would be ok with that.

Make a Roux said...

@onlinepastrychef, You're welcome, and thanks for sharing your recipes and tips with the rest of us!

@Katherine, Thanks! I'm still drooling over your pineapple pork chops. YUM!

@tallmisto, thanks again for the award! :) Oh, and guess what? I dropped my chef's knife tonight! Yes, it appears unharmed, as do my toes!

@Bob, thank you and you're welcome!

@misti, you win! I have never tripped going UP the stairs. I'm sure I will do it eventually, though. :P

@Emily, aha! I KNEW I wasn't the only one in the no-Tom club! I'm glad you stopped by, because I really am loving your blog.

5 Star Foodie said...

Wow, thank you so much for this award!

Abby said...

Thanks! How sweet. I'll try to get to this soon! (I have a teething baby and life is a bit ... difficult right now. HA.)

Paula said...

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the nod! Very cool! & btw I am a complete klutz as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...