The best things in life are free. Just as the tastiest dishes are often the simplest ones.
Grilled Red Snapper with Clementines
4 thin red snapper filets (about 1 lb total)
olive oil spray
2 sprigs fresh oregano, de-stemmed
2 clementines, peeled and sliced lengthwise
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 jiggers of your favorite white wine
2 sprigs parsley, de-stemmed and chopped
Preheat grill to medium (about 350 degrees).
- Tear off two large rectangles of foil, approximately 14" x 18".
- Spray each rectangle of foil with olive oil.
- With foil rectangles laid out vertically in front of you, place two filets on the lower half of each.
- Spray each side of the filets lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle generously with Greek seasoning.
- Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, and garlic.
- Distribute half of the clementine slices over one packet and the other half of the slices over the other packet.
- Seal up the packets into semi-circles, leaving about a 2" opening.
- Pour a jigger full of wine into one packet, then close immediately. Repeat with the other packet.
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Carefully cut packets open to release steam and serve.
Smashed Peas with Chives
2 c fresh peas
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp fresh chives, minced
- Blanch peas in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- When tender, drain peas, then return to pot or pan.
- Add butter and chives over med-low heat, stirring to melt butter.
- Mash peas gently with a fork or potato masher.
- Season to taste with S&P.