Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Cocktail Time #18 - Pineapple White Tea-ni

Yes, I'm going all Sandra Lee (GACK!) on you and putting some alcohol in a martini glass and calling it a something-tini. Okay, well, not quite. This one is a -TEA-ni because it's got tea in it. Clever, ain't I?



My Pineapple White Tea-ni has antioxidants to help your poor liver process the alcohol. That means you don't have to feel so guilty about drinking it, either. Oh, and because I've used some stevia in it, it doesn't have so many calories. (Thanks to reader and best friend, Tobermory for inspiring this one after telling me about her Truvia Lemon Drop.)

This cocktail is an easy drinker, too. It's not so sweet that you'll get bogged down drinking it, the way you might with a Pina Colada. In the future, I'll try swapping the vodka for some white rum. For now, though, I am pretty pleased with the tasty, yet subtle results.

Cheers!


Pineapple White Tea-ni

2 jiggers freshly brewed pineapple white tea (I used Republic of Tea's Pineapple Guava 100% White Tea)
1 jigger pineapple juice
2 jiggers vodka
1 packet Truvia sweetener, or equivalent amount of liquid stevia

1) Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
2) Throw in all of the ingredients.
3) Shake it!
4) Strain into a martini glass.
5) Garnish with fresh pineapple or a stupid-looking pineapple drink thingie.
6) D R I N K !

8 red beans:

Bob said...

Looks good to me! I could go for a couple of those right now. ;)

Tobermory said...

Dammit. Why couldn't I have read this before I was too drunk to go buy the ingredients?

Hey -- where can you buy stevia not in packets? I got something called Sweet Leaf, but it didn't taste the same and it didn't dissolve well.

Make a Roux said...

Thank you, Bob! Cheers!

Hey Tobermory, I love the SteviaClear liquid stevia from Sweet Leaf. I have trouble with the Sweet Leaf packets, just like you did.

Make a Roux said...

Tobermory, check Jimbo's or Whole Foods for the liquid stevia.

misti said...

That sounds so nice and light! I love pineapple anything.

Hope you had a nice tablescape of plastic pineapples and hawaiian flowers with your tea-ni...that's what Sandra would do ;)

Karen said...

That looks delicious.

Why not just call it a chilled clear fruit soup and make it a meal?

:)

Katherine Aucoin said...

Just let me know what time happy hour starts and I'll be there!

Tobermory said...

Hahaha! This is not the first drink Make has made that I wanted to call a meal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...