Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Dessert

Hubby and I had the pleasure of hosting his parents over the long weekend. Instead of dining out, we opted to stay in and worked on a meal of grilled steaks with red wine mushroom sauce, roasted veggies, and a salad topped with seared scallops and Creole mustard vinaigrette. To top it all off, I made a batch of my favorite (nearly) flourless chocolate-cherry pistachio cookies.

I served each huge cookie, warm from the oven in a martini glass, topped with a bit of vanilla bean ice cream, and a sauce made from reduced ruby port and some dark, sweet cherry preserves that we'd picked up earlier on our day trip to Julian.









How was your Valentine's Day?

2 red beans:

Katherine Aucoin said...

Wow! Ya'll certainly had a feast! Looks like your Valentine's Day was wonderful.

Alisa@Foodista said...

You make the prettiest and yummiest treats! I love it when you bake :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...