I didn't have to cook dinner for Hubby and SD tonight, so I grilled a ham and pepper jack cheese sandwich with pepper jelly for myself.
I didn't want the sandwich to be overly sweet from the pepper jelly, so I added some Creole mustard. The end result was a sandwich that was sweet, savory, tangy, and creamy. I omitted buttering the bread and used reduced fat cheese. The sandwich was so flavorful that I didn't miss the butter or full fat cheese at all.
Grilled Ham & Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwiches with Pepper Jelly
2 slices French or sourdough bread, cut on the bias into thin slices
reduced fat pepper jack cheese
2 slices lean honey ham or smoked ham
olive oil spray
1) Spray a grill pan with olive oil spray and heat on medium-high heat.
2) Spread one slice of bread with the mustard and the other slice with the pepper jelly.
3) Place the ham on top of the mustard-covered slice of bread.
4) Place the cheese on top of pepper jelly-covered slice of bread.
5) Place the sandwich together and place in grill pan.
6) Grill until cheese is melted, flipping as needed.