Monday, February 2, 2009

Cupcakes!

I'm busy, busy over here. Few words. Lots of CUPCAKES!



Pink Velvet + Chocolate Buttercream, Devil's Food + Pink (Vanilla) Buttercream



There is light Pink Sanding Sugar and a light dusting of edible glitter on both kinds.

You can see the sugar, but not the glitter...



Okay, do you see the glitter sparkling?



It's not sparkling so much here, but you can see the little flecks of glitter...



It's much harder to see the glitter on the chocolate frosted cupcakes.



Topped with chocolate butterfly wings, black piping gel, edible pearls and fondant antennae...


Thanks to N + J for making me honorary cupcake provider for their adorable daughter's first birthday! :)

9 red beans:

Katherine Aucoin said...

OMG Girlfriend these are gorgeous! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I had one o' those pink cupcakes, and even though it got kinda squished...it was still delicious!

Thanks GG!

Nuray said...

they were sooooooooooo good! i wish we had a few more left!

dessertobsessed said...

WOW!! These are AMAZING! They're so pretty and swirly!

Make a Roux said...

@Katherine - LOL! Thanks!

@m2 - You're welcome! You actually got a "tester" cupcake from the test batch that I made! Sorry that it was squished by Hubby!

@Nuray - THANK YOU! I threw in 3 extra, but that is all that would fit in the box. Next time I will throw in a few more for (as we say in Louisiana) "lagniappe"!

@dessertobsessed - Thanks! You forgot to add "and fat free!" HAHAHAHA! :P

foodvox said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS!!!

You've set a pretty high bar there, though. Can't wait to see next years.

:)

tallmisto said...

I want glittering, sparkling cupcakes with amazing butterflies for my birthday. Those are so beautiful!

Karen said...

Just perfection for a baby girl's birthday. These are gorgeous!

misti said...

Hey there! I found you by link of someone else's site that was linked to mine and all that jazz - I love, love your blog! I love all things Louisiana, and food too of course :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...