Monday, December 15, 2008

YAY! My First Blog Award!

The lovely Katherine at Smoky Mountain Cafe' has given me an award! :) Katherine is a fellow Louisianian who shares a great deal of the same culinary history I had growing up. Her posts are always fun, informative, and creative.

Thanks for including me in your eight picks, Katherine!

This is the gist of the award:
"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!


Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Here are eight bloggers who write wonderful and unique blogs. These bloggers are smart, friendly, creative, and are always willing to help out a fellow blogger. (I mean, how many people can say that their blogger friends offered to help their families get out of the way of a major hurricane? I can!)

1) Sarah at Life is Still Sweet
2) Dorothy at Dessert Obsessed
3) Julie at Noshtalgia
4) Geggie at So...What Else, What Else, What Else?
5) Karen at Foodvox
6) the lovely couple (?) at We Are Never Full
7) Nate and Annie at House of Annie
8) Culinary Cory at CulinaryCory

Pass this award on to eight bloggers who've inspired, entertained, and/or befriended you.

7 red beans:

Katherine Aucoin said...

You more than deserve this I look forward to your posts. I have learned about a few customs and a frew words I didn't know. Your food always looks delicious.

Tobermory said...

Congratulations! I agree you more than deserve it. I'm so excited for you!

foodvox said...

You definitely deserve this award, Make Roux.

More than once you've shaken me out of my laziness when I've dropped my own blog, and you are always entertaining and your food always looks great! :)

I believe you are one of those people who has the gift of being a good friend - and that is not all that common at all.

Now as for you putting my name on the list, I saw it this morning and thought I might have been seeing things. But I guess I'm not, so thank you, very much. :) I'll try to live up to it.

Karen

We Are Never Full said...

HEY!!! Thanks soooooo so much for this! we just found your blog recently so this is a nice thing to read.

oh, and our names are amy and jonny. ha ha ha.

thanks again for the win! i hope to get it up on the blog in the next few weeks.

tallmisto said...

OH, thanks for the love! And for your blog. It really is unique, I love it!

culinarycory.com said...

Yay! Thanks for the award! It's actually my first blog award. This is so exciting. :)

Make a Roux said...

@katherine - thanks so much for those kind words (and for the award)! I look forward to your posts just as much. It's interesting to see the subtle differences in customs, food, and words in the areas where we're from!

@tobermory - Aw, shucks! Thanks for your undying interest in this blog. :)

@foodvox - It's been such a treat to discover your blog. You are a much more sophisticated cook than I, but I appreciate that you still entertain my sometimes silly comments and that you embrace your family's culinary history.

As for my having the gift of being a good friend, I hope that I can live up to it. And also, I think the phrase, "takes one to know one" is relevant here. :)

@WeAreNeverFull - Hi Amy and Johnny, I'm really enjoying your blog and am often jealous at your lovely photos and recipes!

@tallmisto - You're so welcome. You are so deserving of an award. I'm so glad that Teresa introduced us!

@CulinaryCory - You're welcome, too! I'm catching up on your older posts and am hoping to try some of your recipes very soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...