Sunday, December 14, 2008

Homemade Cookie Gifts

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been busy with holiday shopping, vacation preparations, and (of course) holiday baking.

Each year, I bake up several batches of sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, and one new cookie, then package them up for friends, co-workers, and family.


I usually cut several designs out of the sugar cookies, but this year opted only for trees. I decorated them with royal icing, sparkles, and snowflake quinns.




And this year, I went for gingerbread snowmen instead of plain old men. I gave some of them the royal (icing) treatment and left the others plain.


The chipotle chocolate crinkles went over well, too. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph them on their own. (You can sort of see one hanging out in the little bag with the sugar trees.)

The small gesture of sharing something homemade brings me joy and puts smiles on the faces of my loved ones.

What handmade gifts will you share this year?

5 red beans:

Katherine Aucoin said...

The cookies looks like a professional made them - great job! I made some spicy cocktail nuts and will porbably bake some bread this week. It seems that time is creeping up on me way too fast.

Tobermory said...

Those cookies were so good, some of Make's friends are going to come to her house demanding more. You sure did bring smiles and happiness to your pals!

I'm making necklaces for my friends this year. We all agreed handmade gifts are the way to go.

tallmisto said...

your cookies look so pretty. I usually let the kids decorate mine. So it they're pretty much unidentifiable Christmas shapes. It all goes to the same place right?

Anonymous said...

"Chipotle Chocolate Crinkles"!?!?

I never saw any Chipotle Chocolate Crinkles in the office batch o' cookies!!!

Dang, you should make more!

The cookies were pretty doggone tasty though, everyone loved 'em and they were gone w/ the usual rapidity here.

As for 'homemade/handmade' xmas gifts, it's hot sauce makin'/bottlin' time - I suppose I should save ya a bottle, eh? Mild? Habanero? Whaddya think?

m2

Gypsy said...

It's great idea to make cookie gifts at home... I like those designs of homemade cookies!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...