YES! It's Friday! Time for a cocktail and a bonus snack that's just right for nibbling alongside that drink of yours.
Friday is one of the sweetest days of the week, making it deserving of a cocktail that is on the sweet side. Despite being sweet, this drink still manages to be refreshing.
Friday, Sweet Friday Cocktail
Rocks glass half full of crushed ice
1/2 jigger papaya juice
1/2 jigger Calvados
1/2 jigger gin
gingerale (as much as you like)
3 lime wedges (2 for the drink, 1 for garnish)
1) Pour all ingredients except limes over the ice in the glass.
2) Squeeze two of the lime wedges into the drink, then discard them.
3) Stir gently, then garnish with the third lime wedge.
4) Sip and think of how sweet this Friday is. :)
And for something to eat while you're sipping...
Cajun Roasted Chickpeas
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Rinse and drain one can of chickpeas.
3) Dry thoroughly with paper toweling.
4) Place chickpeas on a cookie sheet and spray with canola, olive, or veggie oil spray.
5) Sprinkle chickpeas generously with your favorite Cajun or Creole seasoning and mix together to coat. (I used Cajunland's Creole Seasoning with Green Onion.)
6) Roast for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Chickpeas should be crisp, but not burnt.
8) Let cool, then serve with your favorite cocktail.