Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #17 - "Friday, Sweet Friday" Plus Cajun Roasted Chickpeas

YES! It's Friday! Time for a cocktail and a bonus snack that's just right for nibbling alongside that drink of yours.





Friday is one of the sweetest days of the week, making it deserving of a cocktail that is on the sweet side. Despite being sweet, this drink still manages to be refreshing.

Friday, Sweet Friday Cocktail
Rocks glass half full of crushed ice
1/2 jigger papaya juice
1/2 jigger Calvados
1/2 jigger gin
gingerale (as much as you like)
3 lime wedges (2 for the drink, 1 for garnish)

1) Pour all ingredients except limes over the ice in the glass.
2) Squeeze two of the lime wedges into the drink, then discard them.
3) Stir gently, then garnish with the third lime wedge.
4) Sip and think of how sweet this Friday is. :)



And for something to eat while you're sipping...



Cajun Roasted Chickpeas
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Rinse and drain one can of chickpeas.
3) Dry thoroughly with paper toweling.
4) Place chickpeas on a cookie sheet and spray with canola, olive, or veggie oil spray.
5) Sprinkle chickpeas generously with your favorite Cajun or Creole seasoning and mix together to coat. (I used Cajunland's Creole Seasoning with Green Onion.)
6) Roast for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Chickpeas should be crisp, but not burnt.
8) Let cool, then serve with your favorite cocktail.

7 red beans:

Geggie said...

I am so making those chick peas tonight! I think they'd be great toppers for a salad, too!

Make a Roux said...

They totally are! I had them over a salad of greens and beets. Totally yummy!

Geggie said...

Had 'em. Yum! I couldn't wait to have them with my dinner, so they're my evening snack.

I did 'em with Crystal, paprika, Spike, basil and marjoram. Tasty!

Nate-n-Annie said...

Where do you get your papaya juice from?

I like the flavors that go into the chickpeas.

Thanks for adding us as friends on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!

We Are Never Full said...

oh sweet jesus. this combo looks fab. i would prob. end up getting drunk on that drink and then eating pounds of the chickpeas. i'm book marking this!

Make a Roux said...

@Geggie - Glad to hear you liked the chickpeas. They are good with so many seasonings. I think I am going to try just plain old S&P next, though! Did your chickpeas hold up well and get crisp even with the hot sauce? I think I want to try some hot sauce on yet another batch.

@Nate-n-Annie - Thanks for catching up to me on Foodbuzz. I just bookmarked your site so I can check it out further. Looked pretty tasty at first glance!

Oh, the papaya juice I used was from Ceres. It comes in an aseptic package. Tastes pretty good!

@WeAreNeverFull - love your site! Um, I may possibly have had too many Sweet Fridays and eaten too many chickpeas as well. But, hey, it's best not to drink on an empty stomach. Right? :)

Katherine Aucoin said...

I know we would go crazy for these as a little appetizer before dinner. I can't wait to surprise my husband with these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...