Out here in SoCal, we've got warm days and cool nights. Both of those extend the summer growing season and also allow for cool season crops.
Here's what's growing at my house:
- upland cress
- lettuce, head type, Butterhead
- lettuce, leaf type, several varieties including Buttercrunch, Ruby, Salad Bowl
- endive, Curly
- swiss chard, Bright Lights
- nasturtium, Jewel Mix
- cabbage, Flat Dutch
- turnip, white globe
- radishes, Globe and French Breakfast
- beets, Rainbow Mix
- carrots, Sweet Sunshine and Little Fingers
- watermelon, Sugar Baby
- peas, Early Perfection
- bush bean, Kentucky King
- pepper, mild banana
- tomato, Celebrity (It came back to life!)
- squash, kabocha
- herbs - rosemary, dill, basil, Thai basil, chives, sage, parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme, bunching onion, mint, lemon verbena
That's what's in my garden this Fall. I feel like I'm forgetting something and will probably remember it later.
So, how does your garden grow?