Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Extra Hour in the Kitchen

What a Sunday! That one extra hour of sleep did wonders for me. Well, perhaps that's all in my head, but I certainly got lots of things done today -- all of them in the kitchen.



On top of my regular Sunday list-making and grocery shopping, I:

  • Cleaned and reorganized the freezer. (FINALLY!)
  • Browned 4 lbs ground beef for use in bolognese sauce, for stuffing into lovely roasted acorn squashes, and for anything else I can come up with on a hectic weeknight.
  • Made a huge batch of lovely autumnnal chopped salad for my lunches this week.
  • Made a batch of tuna salad for hubby's lunch for the week.
  • Made a gallon of split pea soup in the slow cooker.
  • Made a shrimp and soba noodle stir-fry for dinner.
  • Baked two loaves of orange blueberry bread.

Whew! It's approaching midnight and I'm just getting out of the kitchen. (YAWN.)

Recipes to come tomorrow. Must have sleep. (Where's that extra hour now that I need it?)

2 red beans:

Geggie said...

Yum! Split pea soup in on my menu for the weekend when it cools off. It was 72 here this afternoon. Too hot for soup.

Make a Roux said...

LOL! 72 is cold enough for me! That's only two degrees away from "gumbo weather"! :) We've had some rainy weather here in SoCal, and that has put me in the mood for soup! :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...