Saturday, November 8, 2008

Cocktail Time #16 - Geaux Tigers! Sangria

Last night, I was feeling like a purple and gold cocktail -- a feeling that was likely brought on by the anticipation of today's LSU football game against Alabama.



I don't often cook or drink by color, but this was a fun little self-imposed challenge. I looked around to see what purple and gold things I had in the bar and fridge and made use of them.

I pretty much found nothing besides some blueberry juice that I'd strained from some frozen wild blueberries I'd used earlier in the week, and some oranges (closer to 'LSU gold' than lemons are).

The resulting drink was a blueberry-based sangria. It was tasty, but I'm convinced there are some other tweaks I could make to improve it. I should also convert the recipe to yield a larger quantity. But, because I'm in a hurry to get this posted before game time, here's the single-serving version.

Geaux Tigers! Sangria
Pour the following into a rocks glass filled with about a 1/2 cup of ice:
1 jigger vodka
1 jigger orange juice
1 jigger white wine
2 jiggers blueberry juice
1 jigger peach schnapps

1. Stir gently to mix.
2. Garnish with a slice of orange.
3. Sip while you hail The Chinese Bandits! (If you're confused, geaux here and scroll to the traditions section.)



Here's another purple and gold drink you can enjoy while watching the game:
LemonGuavaBerry Refresher

GEAUX TIGERS!

4 red beans:

Geggie said...

Ugh! That game...kill me.

Make a Roux said...

I know! That was gut-wrenching, wasn't it?

Nanette said...

I wonder if pomegranate juice would work with that one....I might have to give it a try!

Make a Roux said...

Hey Nanette! I'm thinking it would be BETTER with pomegranate juice. Let me know if you come up with any other improvements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...