Monday, September 8, 2008

The Fam

"How's the fam?"

That's a question I've been asked a lot lately, and I am fortunate enough to answer that question with, "They are safe, and their homes sustained minimal damage."

Thanks to all who sent good thoughts our way, and thanks to everyone for caring so much. :) I'm so amazed at all the people who offered to help, including people who know me only through this little blog of mine. Y'all are the best!

Now, I'm hoping that my family can stay put for a while and that they don't have to head for Tennessee (closest place where they could find a room) for Ike.

Speaking of Ike, I want him to fizzle out and not do any more damage anywhere!

2 red beans:

Omar said...

Hey Gal,

I'm glad to know your folks were fairly unscathed by Gustav. Were they comfortable in Tennessee?

Do they have power yet? My friends in Raceland and Lockport do (they're on the smaller SLECA vs. Entergy), but no TV or Internet, so we're still doing the nightly news by telephone: they call me in San Diego and I read the local news to them!

Listen, if ever you need someone to run over and check on your folks, let me know. Mr. Mike is a good neighbor, and I'm sure he'd do that for us/them.

As for Ike, he's heading to Galveston or Brownsville, I think.

Time to clean up and patch the roof...

Best,
Omar

Geggie said...

Oh, I'm so glad. I was going to email you today.

still saying prayers for everyone else!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...