Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #15 - I Quit! Cocktail

It's Friday and time for a very special cocktail!



Today was my last day on the job and, if you've been following my saga, you'll know that there have been some ups and downs along the way.

I've accepted that there are just too many things I can't fix about the company, and that it's time to move on. I'll miss a very special set of co-workers and friends at my old job, but I'm thrilled to be setting out on a funky new adventure (to borrow one of Hubby's favorite phrases) working with another group of former co-workers.

My I Quit! cocktail is a lovely shade of red that represents the color of a certain logo of a certain company that I'm leaving. ;) This drink is a refreshing mixture of vodka, vermouth, and sparkling blood orange soda, with a citrusy and herbacious flavor. It's a perfect summer drink, and you don't even have to give a two-week notice to enjoy it.


I Quit! Cocktail
2 oz mandarin or clementine vodka
1 oz sweet vermouth
Approx. 2 oz sparkling blood orange soda (I used Sonoma Sparkler)

Place vermouth and vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Top with sparkling soda. (Amount of soda may vary depending on the size of your martini glass.)

6 red beans:

Anonymous said...

It's a perfect summer drink, and you don't even have to give a two-week notice to enjoy it.

HA HA. How long have you been sitting on that one? ;)

-Nuray

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Two weeks!!!!! LOL!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

This is a great cocktail to celebrate your new found freedom! :)
I wish you the best of luck in your future job - I hope that it will not be wrought with the difficulties of this last one! CHEERS!

Katherine Aucoin said...

I found your blog by luck and it is absolutely wonderful! I'm a homegirl living in TN. Your drink sounds awesome, but we're from Louisiana and we don't need a reason to enjoy a cocktail!

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Thanks so much, Jenn! I'm certain that things won't be so crazy at my new gig.

Hey Katherine! So nice to have another homegirl stop by. I'm enjoying your blog and hope you don't mind if I link to it. Cheers!!

Geggie said...

What?

I've been remiss in my blog reading. Congrats to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...