Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Well, lookee here! I've been tagged. I feel like Navin R. Johnson did when his phone book arrived.

"This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need!" :)

The amazing Steph at Stephchows has tagged me for a little game. Please check out her healthier versions of classic and modern dishes, and give a gander to her Six Random Things. Quite interesting, don't you think?

The rules for the game are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six Random Things About Me:
1) Before I was born, my great uncle had a distillery in his garage.
2) In grade school, I was a spelling bee champion at the state level, but I bit it at the Regionals. :(
3) I once worked at a leprosarium.
4) Dissonance is my favorite word in the English language.
5) I've had a gingerbread house on display at the Mingei Int'l Museum .
6) I was prom queen at my senior prom.


Okay, here are my six tags:
Tobermory @ It's Just As We Suspected for her forthrightness in blogging.

Dorothy @ Dessert Obsessed for ability to make and subsist on a diet of tasty desserts and not gain an ounce.

Geggie @ So... What Else? What Else? What Else? for her all-around generosity and for being a Louisiana gal.

Karen @ Foodvox and formerly of Fast? Food? Feminist? for her brilliant take on food and life.

Nanette and Tim @ For Whatever Reason for being the coolest podcasters ever. Nan is a small-town Louisiana gal like me.

Ellie @ Pugs on the Counter for a cute blog. I think she's ALSO a Louisiana gal. (Maybe I'll find out more in her random facts.)

6 red beans:

Geggie said...

Thanks for the tag, GG. I'll get to it in the next couple of days!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Interesting random info Gumbogal!

My great uncle was a rum runner during Prohibition.

"Lugubrious" is my favorite word.

m2

foodvox said...

I think I'm going to have to find some new favorite words - what great ones!

GG - Thanks for the tag . . . I posted, as one does not want to risk dropping the ball in such a fun game! :)

Be well,
Karen

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Geggie - no rush, of course. :)

m2 - Lugubrious, eh? Yeah, I have to say it's a good choice. I just saw a tv show about rum running and Prohibition. Sounded like rr'ing was quite a dangerous and thrilling task.

Karen - Oops! I didn't mean to wake you from you midsummer nap, but I enjoyed your random things and your Scottish table cat, too! :)

dessertobsessed said...

hey gumbeaux, i finally got internet and i've put up my post! THANKS for tagging me!

Tim said...

I'm posting my tags to the others right now! You can see my post at http://forwhateverreason.net/?p=85

--Tim
http://forwhateverreason.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...