Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hello Kitty Cake

Recently, I made a cake for a good friend and co-worker of mine who is a Hello Kitty fanatic.

I baked the cake in celebration of her new and totally adorable baby. Due to a series of unforeseen circumstances, what was going to be the office baby shower, turned into a simple post-baby "let's have cake" gathering. Unfortunately, we were unable to schedule the cake-eating at a time when my friend's hubby could make it over to our office. I'm told he was given his slice of cake, but who really knows? Perhaps his wife ate it all! :) NOM NOM NOM!

I baked up a couple layers of chocolate chocolate chip cake and filled it with a Swiss buttercream and strawberry filling (freshly sliced strawberries tossed in a bit of vanilla sugar, Cointreau, and grated orange peel).

I made the little cuties on top of the cake out of fondant. I frosted the cake with more pink Swiss buttercream, added fondant lettering, and a sprinkle of pink edible glitter.

After cutting the cake, I took Hello Kitty and Baby home, where I coated them with shellac. I then returned them to my friend as keepsakes. I hope they've earned places of esteem in her massive Hello Kitty collection!

2 red beans:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! NOM, NOM, NOM is right! I did actually share with John, I gave him a sliver and had a bunch of it myself! ;)

The cake was delish (as usual!) and the cuties on top are adorable. They have been integrated with the rest of the Hello Kitties and have been getting along just fine!

Thanks Gumbeaux Gal! :)

Nuray

Gumbeaux Gal said...

You're very welcome! :) The cake was a lot of fun to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...