Friday, June 6, 2008
Last summer, I invited a few of my bestest friends, Renee and Tobermory, over to hang out by the pool. We drank, swam, and noshed on some apps and a light dinner of pasta salad and chicken skewers with chimichurri sauce.
At some point during our little soirée, I poured some vodka, guava juice, campari, and tonic into a glass. It tasted good, so I let Renee and Tobermory sample it. Tobermory pronounced it the Raging 'MyName', where MyName is GumbeauxGal's real first name. But my real first name is a secret here on the intertube. (heh heh heh.) So, I'm going to refer to this divine drink as a 'Raging GumbeauxGal'.
1 jigger of vodka (regular or citrus-based)
1 jigger guava juice (I like Ceres brand)
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp of Campari
2 jiggers tonic
garnish of your choice, optional (cherries, blood orange, etc.)
1) Fill a cocktail glass half full with ice.
2) Pour in jigger of vodka, followed by jigger of guava juice.
3) Add Campari (from 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp depending on your taste).
4) Top with up to two jiggers of tonic.
5) Give it a very gentle half-stir and garnish as you see fit.
6) DRINK IT!