Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #9 - Raging GumbeauxGal


Last summer, I invited a few of my bestest friends, Renee and Tobermory, over to hang out by the pool. We drank, swam, and noshed on some apps and a light dinner of pasta salad and chicken skewers with chimichurri sauce.

At some point during our little soirée, I poured some vodka, guava juice, campari, and tonic into a glass. It tasted good, so I let Renee and Tobermory sample it. Tobermory pronounced it the Raging 'MyName', where MyName is GumbeauxGal's real first name. But my real first name is a secret here on the intertube. (heh heh heh.) So, I'm going to refer to this divine drink as a 'Raging GumbeauxGal'.

Raging GumbeauxGal
ice
1 jigger of vodka (regular or citrus-based)
1 jigger guava juice (I like Ceres brand)
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp of Campari
2 jiggers tonic
garnish of your choice, optional (cherries, blood orange, etc.)

1) Fill a cocktail glass half full with ice.
2) Pour in jigger of vodka, followed by jigger of guava juice.
3) Add Campari (from 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp depending on your taste).
4) Top with up to two jiggers of tonic.
5) Give it a very gentle half-stir and garnish as you see fit.
6) DRINK IT!

2 red beans:

Geggie said...

I like Campari!

My fave is from a trip to Paris where I had an Americano for the first time. 1/2 Campari and 1/2 Red Vermouth, top with a little club or Sprite. Orange slices.

Yum!

Gumbeaux Gal said...

That sounds tasty and refreshing, Geggie. I'll have to try it. Gotta pick up some red vermouth first.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...