Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #10 - A Mostly Traditional Daiquiri

Time for cocktails!

I started out today wanting to create the favorite drink of my favorite writer, Ernest Hemingway. After doing a little research, I found that I was lacking an important ingredient (maraschino liqueur) in the cocktail that was both Papa's favorite as well as his downfall.



I tried to remain true to the recipe for the La Floridita daiquiri within the confines of the ingredients of my home bar. I subbed cointreau for the maraschino liqueur and the taste was surprisingly good.

I'm not sure whether Papa preferred his daiquiris frozen or shaken, but my personal preference is frozen.


Frozen Daiquiri with Cointreau

2 oz quality light rum
juice of one lime
1 Tbsp cointreau
1 Tbsp superfine sugar
handful of ice

1) Blend all ingredients together.
2) Toast Papa!

2 red beans:

Megan said...

It's only 6:30 in the morning but that drink sure looks good! Could that be a sign? :)

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Hey Megan! It's always time for a drink in the blogosphere! ;)

Thanks for stoppin' in! That remindes me, I've got to write up a post about your giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...