Sunday, June 1, 2008

Crawfish and Mushrooms over Grilled Corn Grits

What's this?

It's my latest dish -- sauteed crawfish and mushroom over grilled corn grits!

This little culinary creation includes crawfish sauteed with garlic, onions, peppers, herbs, spices, mushrooms, and white wine served over stone-ground grits accented with a bit of grilled, fresh sweet corn.

The crawfish part of the dish needs some tweaking, hence the lack of recipe. The grits were perfect, but Hubby freaked out after one bite. I guess you just can't make a Yankee learn to love grits. :)

5 red beans:

Geggie said...

I'll have his grits, please.

What about a tbsp or two or tomato paste for a little ricness and acid?

Gumbeaux Gal said...

I think I was secretly excited that Hubby didn't want his grits. More for me. Haha!

A ha! Not a bad idea adding tomato paste to the crawfish mixture. I'll have to try it. That would make it similar to a crawfish stew, but with mushrooms and without roux.

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Super summery! I really, one day, would love to try shrimp and grits.

Julie said...

That looks mighty tasty, my idea of some good comfort food.

Gumbeaux Gal said...

@Jenn - You should definitely try shrimp and grits. I'm sure you'd love it!

@Julie - Thanks! I'm loving Noshtalgia, BTW! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...