Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cajun Word of the Week #2 - Gradoux

I'm excited about all the feedback I've received from the first installment of the CWotW! I've even had two submissions already. I'm featuring one of those this week and the other next week.

Gradoux [gRä-dōō]
–noun
1. junk or stuff; usually of the unwanted or unnecessary variety
2. a mess

Ex. "Chere, you'd better clean that gradoux off your shoes before you get in the house!"

Thanks to my lovely friend, Amy, for submitting this word! As Amy said, "I use it for crap, dirt, grunge... whatever."

FWIW, I'm hoping that one of my editor friends will chime in and let me know how I should represent a rolling R in the pronunciation of this word.

3 red beans:

Amy said...

Hooray! I love that one. Thanks for posting, GG. :)

dessertobsessed said...

hahaha what a cute word!

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Amy - Thank YOU! Keep 'em coming! :)

Dessertobsessed - Thanks! Hope you have a fun trip! :>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...