Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #8 - Rosy Dog

I'm back!! In addition to a nice little visit to friends in Austin, TX this weekend, the Hubby and I have been busy getting back to work and chores. That said, there hasn't been a lot of time for blogging, but I'm back in the kitchen and ready for a drink!


This little cocktail is a twist on the Black Velvet, which is a combination of stout or dark ale and champagne. I happened to have my favorite dark brown ale, Abita Turbo Dog, on hand along with some pink champagne. I mixed the two and the result was a tasty, tart, and refreshing way to enjoy a darker ale during the warmer months.
I called it a Rosy Dog.

Rosy Dog

Equal parts of:
pink champagne or sparkling wine (chilled)
Abita Turbo Dog (chilled)

Additional ingredients:
splash of Campari
slice or wedge of blood orange

1) Pour beer into a tall, frosty glass. Follow with champagne.
2) Top with just a quick splash of Campari.
3) Garnish with blood orange.

Cheers!

0 red beans:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...